The Economy of Communion Business Network (EOC BN) is owned by the Economy of Communion of the Focolare Movement-Work of Mary (and particularly by the Italian association P.A.F.O.M.). The use of this website (edc-info.org) and the services of EOC BN is therefore subject to Italian law and governed by these terms and conditions (henceforth „Terms“).
1. Users of EOC BN
EOC BN has been prepared as a tool for visitors, and businesses and individuals (registrants) of the Economy of Communion as described below.
Visitors: people who do not register on the website, but want to explore the site or submit a form. No login is required for Visitors. Visitors can view all publicly-available content, e-mail us, or submit a form.
Registrants: Login is required for all Registrants. Registrants access to and usage of the services is governed by these terms and conditions.
The website is available only to individuals who are at least 16 years old.
By accessing the website or by using EOC BN’s data and/or services (henceforth „Services“), the user agrees to abide by what is expressed in these Terms.
3. EOC BN Services
EOC BN provides a solution which allows visitors to:
- View contact and limited information for registered businesses and individuals
- Submit forms for contacting EOC BN as well as applications for internships and funding
EOC BN provides a solution which allows its registrants to:
- Submit data previously collected via paper to report on activities of their company and community as pertains to the Economy of Communion
- Provide general information on companies to the public and other members of EOC BN such as, but not limited to, contact information, history of the company, fields of activities
- Access and download texts, scripts, images, sounds, videos, animations and other materials provided by EOC BN (henceforth „Contents“) in the form of one or more electronic files;
- Upload and store texts, scripts, images, sounds, videos, animations and any other material to share among EOC BN (henceforth „Contents“) in the form of one or more electronic files.
- Participate in discussion forums and share knowledge with members of the EOC BN
The user agrees not to upload illegal content on EOC BN, including but not limited to:
- Contents that infringe the copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets or other proprietary rights of third parties (such as the publication of images of public events without the explicit permission of the photographer or persons represented). When adding a new content, aside from indicating authorship, the user declares having the necessary permits/clearances which he/she keeps at home or in the office.
- Contents that contain viruses or other programs (code, scripts, active content or other software) designed to disrupt or deny operation, gather information leading to the loss of privacy or exploitation, gain unauthorized access to system resources , limit the functionality of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment and other abusive behavior
- Contents that do not comply with the laws on human exploitation and the exploitation of minors (e.g. it is prohibited to upload photos of minors without the consent of both parents or guardian).
The user agrees not to provide or facilitate any violation of these Terms by third parties.
The user will not use any of the programs or automated scripts to access EOC BN, unless expressly authorized by EOC BN. The user will not access Contents through any technology or means other than those provided by EOC BN.
The user agrees not to alter or modify any part of the Services provided by EOC BN.
The user shall use the Services in a manner consistent with applicable laws.
The downloaded documents are the property of their respective owners and are protected by applicable copyright laws. The user agrees to use the Contents of EOC BN for non-commercial use, properly citing the source.
5. User Accounts
Access to the Services of EOC BN as a registrant is possible by either of the following:
- Activating a business account by completing the registration
- Activating a personal account, received and approved by the respective administrators
- Activating an administrative account, received and approved by the respective administrators
Upon the termination of their business or participation in the EOC BN, users are required to report to the administrators the change of duties and stop using the material they have downloaded and which is in their possession solely because of their participation in EOC BN.
The user agrees to maintain the security of their passwords and to maintain the confidentiality of their login names, passwords and other confidential information relating to their access to the Services.
The user agrees not to share with anyone, not even with other EOC BN users who are temporarily without a password, their login name, passwords, as well as other access information.
The users are solely responsible for any information or content posted or uploaded to EOC BN by themselves or, in any case, through their login information (login and password), even where these have been used by third parties in violation of the provisions of clause 5 above. In which case the latter, if identified, are liable for damages and penalties in the same way as the users. The name of the users who have loaded a document will be shown on the same document or in their properties.
EOC BN is not responsible for the information and Contents posted or uploaded by each user and for the accuracy of the translations.
The users agree that their use of the Services will be at their own and sole risk.
The Services provided under these Terms and any other additional services, will be provided with the guarantees provided by the author. In particular, EOC BN is not responsible for:
- errors, inaccuracies;
- loss of user data;
- any access or unauthorized use of EOC BN secure servers and/or any personal information stored on them;
- connection speed, interruption or termination of the Services;
- any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like, which may be transmitted to or through the Services by third parties;
- any errors or omissions in the Contents.
8. Various Terms
The user confirms to be fully competent and able to enter into this Agreement and comply with its terms.
EOC BN reserves the right, if necessary, to modify or delete any information published and suspend, terminate or restrict the user’s access to the Services at any time, for violation of these Terms, copyright violations, or any other reason that can create a disadvantage or harm to EOC BN and/or other users.
EOC BN reserves the right to change any of the Terms and Conditions contained in this Agreement at any time by posting new Terms to which users will be informed through the portal. The user is responsible in regularly checking the possible changes and to abide by them. If the user continues to use EOC BN after modification of the Terms and its notice, it will be binding for him/her.
Any Content will be retained online within the applicable Terms, unless the person responsible for loading or other users legitimately require the cancellation.
Any information, document, logo, graphic, sound, interface or software provided by EOC BN (excluding the Contents) is owned by or licensed to EOC BN, and therefore subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
The user does not have the right to use the intellectual property of EOC BN than the intended use foreseen by the Services, except with the consent clearly expressed by EOC BN or the respective owner. Such unauthorized use results in the immediate suspension of the users and, if they deem the conditions, compensation for damages.
If any of these Conditions shall be deemed invalid, void or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be considered separately and not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining Conditions.